UPDATE!!!

ACNE.ORG REGIMEN || DOES IT WORK?

 
                                   
Acne.org regimen as the name suggests is an acne treatment. This product is very popular in the "acne world". The regimen consists of three main products( cleanser, treatment and moisturizer) with an optional AHA/Glycolic acid treatment. You are advised to get the 3 main products for better results but I opted for the treatment(Benzoyl peroxide), and the AHA+ because I already had a cleanser & moisturizer that was working for me. I have been using this product for over a year now. I figured it was about time I share my thoughts on this.


Product info
The Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Soothing gel-based formula
  • Goes on clear
  • Absorbs completely
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free


AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

  • Powerfully exfoliating
  • Improves skin texture & leaves complexion visibly smoother
  • Reduces irritation
  • Ultra- hydrating
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free)

Review
They both come in a white tube and can be differentiated by the extra pop of colour with writings stating whether it's the treatment or the glycolic acid. The treatment has a gel based formula with a white colour while the glycolic acid is a lotion with a yellow colour, and they both apply easily on the skin.
When I started using this product, the first thing I noticed was how dry my skin felt and also how painful it was to touch; so I had to use a lot of moisturizer to counteract this effect. But as time went by, the dryness reduced and the pain stopped. Initially, I noticed some improvements but after some months the regimen stopped working. I also noticed that it made my pores larger but this can be corrected by using a pore minimiser.


Finally
It's a very good product and you can tell that a lot of thought went into the making of this product .But sadly it won't work for everybody and here's my my reason. Because the cause of acne is multi-factorial, you really need to identify the cause of your acne as that will determine how effective the regimen will be for you. If the cause of your acne is hormonal, diet related and so on then this product wouldn't work for you. But if it's an external cause then you should give it a try because it just might be the answer to your prayers.

Have you tried this regimen, and did it work for you? I would like to hear from you. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments